CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) INFORMATION
With the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak we are temporarily changing our assessment and treatment practices. These changes are necessary to ensure everyone's safety and to maintain services for the public. Psychology and psychological services are regarded as essential services, and as such we continue to operate, but with some changes to our normal routines.
CHANGES TO OUR ASSESSMENT PROCESS
We continue to provide all assessments listed on our website. However, there are some changes to how these services are delivered.
- We only conduct one assessment per day that involves face-to-face contact. After each assessment, hard surfaces and test props are cleaned to ensure hygiene and safety.
- When possible or requested, we will conduct intake interviews over the phone, Skype, or FaceTime. This will reduce the need for face-to-face contact.
- Temporarily we'll offer "online" assessments through Skype or FaceTime. These assessments will provide useful, but limited information and should be discussed with us at the time of booking an appointment.
- We moved most of our treatment sessions online and offer a Telehealth option to reduce the number of clients attending our offices.
CHANGES TO OUR TREATMENT SERVICES
Treatment continues in our practice relatively uninterrupted. However, when possible we encourage parents to consider "online treatment" through Skype or FaceTime.
- Online treatment is now recognised as a regular treatment session and familes and individuals are eligible to receive the usual Medicare benefit.
- With online treatment we continue to work together with parents/children and provide our treatment material through email (for example anxiety treatment).
CONTACT US FOR MORE UP TO DATE INFORMATION OR TO DISCUSS OUR CHANGES.
02 8068 8661